555 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alec_Manfre
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am trying to perform a vlookup type functionality from excel in airtable. Here is what I am trying to do:

My setup

• I have a table called buildings and table called tasks.
  • My tasks are associated to buildings
  • My tasks have a step type, either “Step” or “Milestone”
  • My tasks have a process step like “Data”, each process step has one “Milestone”
  • My tasks have a completion date

What I am trying to do
On my buildings table, I would like to:

• Find the “Completion Date” for a given “Milestone” for a given “Process Step” for a given building

While not exactly a one-to-one implementation, in excel I would use a vlookup or a match + offset function to accomplish this.

Is something like this possible in Air Table?

3 Replies 3
Paul_Thompson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I need this too. It’s frustrating having to link a record to a specific record as opposed to a whole column where a value can be found and that record’s value from another field returned.

Ehud_Segev
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m trying to achieve this. Couldn’t find an answer yet… anyone?

The ‘database’ structure of linking records is amazing, but yes, sometimes you want a simple ‘vlookup’ to just check data from specific columns and pull the data from a different table that have a matching field… I actually have a list of emails and I just want to check sometimes if an email was used in a certain campaign I’m importing from a different app so I can’t really have a ‘linked record’.

Any help will be appreciated guys!
Thanks

Unfortunately, all linking in Airtable is done manually. It’s one of the big limitations of the platform.

However, you can do a few “one-time-only“ automatic linkings. For example, if you convert a text field into a linked record field, it will create links for all your records. Similarly, if you import records into a linked record field, it will automatically create links.