Help

What are the best ways to generate executive reports & visual graphs using Airtable?

558 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nelly_Totona
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

I need insights on the best approach to generate executive reports & visual graphs using Airtable?
I already have the kind of reports I want in excel but would love to rebuild the same using airtable. Seems not possible.
Kindly advise.

1 Reply 1

You didn’t specify exactly what types of reports & graphs you’re looking to generate, but unfortunately, Airtable has extremely limited ability to create any sort of reports, graphs, charts, or presentations.

(Airtable limits you to what you can create with either an Airtable app from the marketplace or the interfaces feature. Neither of these options can generate output, and they both currently require collaborator access to your base.)

But since you’re already generating the types of reports & graphs that you need in Excel, your best bet is likely to just get your data from Airtable back over to Excel again (or Google Sheets).

The easiest way to do this would probably be to just manually export your data out of Airtable as a CSV file, and then import it into Excel. You could also copy & paste rows from Airtable into Excel as well.

But if you need to fully automate this process of sending data from Airtable to Excel, there are several external automation tools that you can pay for to help you with this:

Make.com — works with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides:

On2Air: Actions: — works with Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Google Slides:

DocuMint — this tool generates text-based & image-based reports on its own, but it doesn’t yet support charts & graphs:

Zapier is another popular option that does what Make.com does, but I’m not personally the biggest fan of Zapier because it’s more expensive & less powerful than a tool like Make.

Another possibility for generating charts & graphs is Databox.com, which you could also automate with Zapier or Make.com. You could also partially automate this with the DataFetcher app as well.

There are probably dozens of other options as well that I haven’t thought of above.

Any of the above options will likely take many hours to setup, so if you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com: