Topic Labels: Dates & Timezones
Solved
Jump to Solution
1413 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m trying to make gantt chart that calculates how long different product will take to make.
Depending on how busy the workshop is we might work in the weekends - however if there is a national holiday or something similar we’ll not work.

I’ve made comma separated iso dates for all holidays.

I can easily calculate an end date with the WORKDAY(startDate, numDays, [holidays]) but I’m trying to find a way to calculate an end date if we worked in the weekends but not holiday.

So basically is it possible to only exclude the holidays?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

This would be incredibly difficult in a formula field.

While you could write a formula that adds days, you would have to have check if the end date included a holiday. If the end date includes a holiday, you would need to push out the end date. However, then you would have to check to to see if the new end date was affected by a different holiday, and possibly push out the end date again.

You might be better off writing a script.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

This would be incredibly difficult in a formula field.

While you could write a formula that adds days, you would have to have check if the end date included a holiday. If the end date includes a holiday, you would need to push out the end date. However, then you would have to check to to see if the new end date was affected by a different holiday, and possibly push out the end date again.

You might be better off writing a script.

I do get all the holidays with a script, so might as-well calculate the end time with a script as-well. Was hoping there was a quick way of doing it.