cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryan_Mannos
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey all!

I have a simple bar chart I want to show the total count (Y axis) for a given formula field. My view grouping does this very well, but when represented as X-axis in my chart, the chart app adds a parenthesis value to the label unexpectedly, growing the number of X-axis values significantly. Attached is view of values (only 7 unique values for X) and how they’re being messed with in the chart. Chart settings added as well.

Any advice is greatly appreciated in advance, thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 10.34.06 AM

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 10.33.31 AM

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 10.41.04 AM

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hey Bryan, I think this is happening because, even though the “KG/DAY ROUNDED” field is displaying values to one decimal place, it actually contains values that are more than one decimal place.

May I see the ROUND() function you’re using? It should have a precision of 1 for your situation

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hey Bryan, I think this is happening because, even though the “KG/DAY ROUNDED” field is displaying values to one decimal place, it actually contains values that are more than one decimal place.

May I see the ROUND() function you’re using? It should have a precision of 1 for your situation

Thank you Adam_C!

This was exactly it. I had the ‘Format’ of the function set for 1 decimal, but when I wrapped my whole function with round(X,1), the chart now works as it should.