cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Admin_CMV
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there, I have an issue as follow :

We have a PostgreSQL database and we created Zaps to create a record in AirTable for each new entry. The issue is that when an item in the database is updated, it creates a new record in AirTable with the same ID. How can I proceed ?

Should I use find and replace in Zapier ? I know it’s not an “AirTable problem”, but I think it’s a good place to ask.

Thanks for any help.

4 Replies 4
Aron
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

If your goal is to only create new rows in Airtable when a new row is created in your PostgreSQL db, you should use the create record trigger and create Airtable record action.

Otherwise, if you want to keep the two tables in sync, you should use the New or Update PostgreSQL Row trigger in Zapier and then search/update Airtable record triggers

Admin_CMV

Sorry didn’t see the answer. That’s what I do, but when I setup a search/update with AirTable, Zapier says that : The record could not be sent to Airtable. The app returned “NOT_FOUND”…

I think I have setup the thing correctly in three different process inside the zap :

1. New or Updated Row in PostgreSQL
  2. Find or create record in AirTable
  3. Update recode in AirTable

Am I missing something ?

Thanks for your help, I manually deduce my DB every week :grinning_face_with_sweat:

I have de same problem

yanu

I used to try to sync with Zapier and it became a pain. There are just too many edge cases that break syncing so it’s more trouble than it’s worth. Zapier is great for workflow automations but not great for simple data syncing; it’s not what it’s built for.

A more robust solution is a rETL service like Hightouch (https://hightouch.io/).

If you want to do syncing both ways rather than one way, you need a “circular” ETL solution like Bracket (https://www.usebracket.com/). Bracket, like Zapier, is no-code and just sits in the background.

Hope that helps