Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability for Users to "Flag" Records

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
R_R
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have several use cases where it would be helpful for users to quickly “flag” records. It would need to be such that multiple users/collaborators can flag the same record.

Example use case. One table is a list of board games. We want to track how many people are interested in playing each game. Currently, we’d have to a) create a User table and then each user would have to b) choose their name from among many in a “Want To Play” field in the Game table. We’d like for them to be able to accomplish this through a single click.

Since Airtable should recognize them as a unique entity through their login/username, this may already be available? I don’t see where user information can be accessed/utilized as a table/linked database, however. This functionality has limitless uses for those who want to be able to track the choices, actions, etc. of the users/collaborators.

1 Comment
Jonathan_Fuller
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I completely agree that individual Users need to be able to have “Session” and Permission based accountability. In particular the ability to seperate field data by User logged in. The current history logging keeps us straigh about who is making changes however there are just instances where certain people do not need to have access to specific datasets.