Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to change week start day in date picker

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
tyzhik
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

When you use a date picker for entering date in date field its always a Sunday as a week start day. Would be great to have ability to change it. Thanks!

47 Comments
Mathias_Bohmer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Two years later and this is still not working? Pity

David_Gonsalves
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Keeping the Discussion alive, we need the feature

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeah, itโ€™s really disappointing that Airtable is so unusable outside of the USA, and it doesnโ€™t seem like the Airtable team is too bothered by this. They seem to have no concept that 80% of the world starts their weeks on a different day than Sunday, and that 80% of the world doesnโ€™t format currency or phone numbers like the USA.

You canโ€™t change the date picker, you canโ€™t change the week number function, and you canโ€™t change calendar views. I suppose that you could PARTIALLY solve the calendar views situation by creating a calendar subscription link and then subscribing to it in an external calendar app (such as Outlook or BusyCal), but that still doesnโ€™t fix the date picker or the week number formulas.

Nikita_Sviriden
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

Itโ€™s a super important feature for us now

Thomas_Poulet
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 to choose Monday as the beginning of the week.

Anton_Lebedev1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 very important feature

Lasse_Kokholm
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Itโ€™s a bit of a hack, but for my purposes, the following simple formula has been useful for grouping:

WEEKNUM(Date) - IF(WEEKDAY(Date) = 0, 1, 0)

Meagan_Caesar
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Would you mind stepping me through this formula. Total newbie here and canโ€™t quite figure out how it works. Itโ€™s returning what I want it to, but want to make sure itโ€™s relevant/accurate for me longterm. Thank you!

Lasse_Kokholm
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Sure! The formula converts the US week number to an EU week number. WEEKNUM(Date) returns the US week number; at the time of this writing, it will return 8, and this coming Sunday, it will return 9. The latter is an incorrect EU week number, since the next week does not start until Monday. So the formula simply subtracts 1 from the week number on a Sunday, which is determined by WEEKDAY(Date) = 0, here 0 denoting the first US day of the week, i.e. Sunday. It is a hack in the sense that I threw it together without considering all possible future corner cases; calendar dates can be quite complicated.

Hope that helps!

Meagan_Caesar
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you for taking the time to explain. Definitely makes sense and I appreciate the workaround!