Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to create filter groups

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
David_Krizan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

One missing piece of functionality is the ability to create advanced filters that utilize a combination of AND and OR filters.

For example, hereโ€™s similar functionality from EnjoyHQ.
image.png

However, I think Airtable could do this even better and the filtering functionality could be even more powerful if there both individual filters and filter groups (with clear visual indicators between filter groups to better illustrate their relationship.

{Filter Group A

• Filter A1
    [AND]
  • Filter A2}

[AND]

{Filter Group B

• Filter B1
    [OR]
  • Filter B2
    [OR]
  • Filter B3}
6 Comments
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Agreed, this would be nice built-in feature. My workaround was to make a checkbox field, filter records using one set of criteria and check the box for all the records, then do another set of values and check the box for all records, then filter by where the checkbox is checked.

Alternatively, you could use a formula field and build the complicated AND / OR logic in an IF() statement.

David_Krizan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Yeah, Iโ€™ve had to use various workarounds like you mentioned, but I really dislike adding additional fields or complicated formulas to my databases just for these purposes.

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Same here. Its not an ideal solution but it may work in the interim. Hopefully weโ€™ll get more flexibility in View Filters in the future.

Rich_Cleeve
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this. I have been using formulas for more complex filtering, but would be much easier to have it in the filters menu.

Huw_Thomas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Definite +1
+100!
This would be very helpful and itโ€™s strange that we canโ€™t currently do this.

David_Krizan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

My current workaround until this functionality is available is to create complicated formulas to basically be pre-filters that I can then apply other filters against. Very inelegant and good luck to anyone else trying to decipher how a given view is filtered.