Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to create folders and subfolders within a workspace

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Some of my teams are going to be getting to the point of having 50+ bases soon.

Please can we make folders and subfolders within a team so that I can get them organised?

81 Comments
Allen_Moldovan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

+1 Needed badly. Folders, Sub Folders, folder level permission. lack of organization limits usability. I find myself creating redundant views, its easier to create a new one than referencing a built out one.

egordin
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

+1 please add this feature soon. The better Airtable gets, the more bases we have, the more organization is needed!

Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

This topic is three years old, canโ€™t believe this still hasnโ€™t been done :skull:

Alberto
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

An absolute MUST. AIRTABLE is getting SO good, that more organization is Needed. I am currently using color codes, but it is getting Messy. Please fix this!!!

Hans_VanDerScha
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Airtable is wonderful, but this is something basic that it should have. Please make this change for us! thanks

Allen_Moldovan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I desperately need something similar for my views!! I need to create a product database for over 8,000 products with 300 product types, and even more sub product types. All this will be accomplished by creating separate views based on product type. I need a folder directory in my view side bar!!

Mario_Ricalde
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have used Airtable for a while through third-parties and I just recenlty signed up.

The fact that this feature request has been up for so long leads me to believe that they wonโ€™t implement this feature. The reason being that they seem to want you to use Workspaces to do organizationโ€ฆ thatโ€™s how it was designed, so much in fact, that they felt like adding this message when creating one:

So if you want some semblance of organization, you better be ready to pay for it.

Disappointed.

Julie_Barber
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Why is this not a thing yet? It seems like such a simple thing compared to other features that have been added since we signed on. PLEASE give us some organizational features aside from just creating new workspaces. As a small nonprofit, we canโ€™t justify the cost of paying for more workspaces just to organize our bases.

dilipborad
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

It really needs it now.
Please make this work. Thatโ€™s not a big deal at all.

Kate_Price
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This would be SO helpful. Iโ€™m also finding a few of my workspaces to be quite overwhelming.