Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to create folders and subfolders within a workspace

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Some of my teams are going to be getting to the point of having 50+ bases soon.

Please can we make folders and subfolders within a team so that I can get them organised?

82 Comments
Lindsey_Montoya
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Came here to find out how to create a folder and am now super sad to learn that there is no way and itโ€™s been something people have been asking for for 5 years in this thread. This seems like a super simple request. Are these threads monitors by someone from AT?

Matt_Adams
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@airtable REALLY SAD TO SEE YOU HAVE NOT RESPONDED HERE PUBLICLY!!!

WE NEED FOLDERS!!!

I have multiple โ€œbasesโ€ per client. I NEED FOLDERS

Joshua_Caldwell
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I was just thinking about this Appreciate you

jables
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

For the love of all that is in right in the world, PLEASE add this feature, or at least give us a way to have a list view that we can sort.

The large icons, although visually nice, make it difficult to organize bases once you get past 20 or so.

Joe_Martin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

PLEASE ADD FOLDERS IN THE WORKSPACE VIEW. We are a start-up and love using Airtable but need to keep things tidy so new members of staff can use it efficiently. Pleaseeee

Elias_Hinderber

We really, really need this feature. Itโ€™s so simple, but would do so much!

Brandi_Bullock
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Here to say folders are desperately needed for our team! We have cross-functional teams and the inability to organize our bases is debilitating to our workflow at times!

Howard_Shaw

This is a desperately needed feature and it looks like itโ€™s been requested for close to five years. Any updates from Airtable on what the plan is?

Jeff_Olson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Wanted to bump this and say itโ€™s the key feature keeping us from getting the rest of our firm on board with Airtable as a standard tool. Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™m overestimating the simplicity of implementing it, but it feels downright critical at this point. Otherwise weโ€™re relying on color coding to associate things, and truly struggling to keep archived info somewhere out of the way.

Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

OP here, just checking in.

The lack of engagement on this is one of the reasons why I had to stop using Airtable years ago.

I am genuinely staggered that this is still an active complaint.