Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to create folders and subfolders within a workspace

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Some of my teams are going to be getting to the point of having 50+ bases soon.

Please can we make folders and subfolders within a team so that I can get them organised?

82 Comments
Lindsey_Montoya
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Came here to find out how to create a folder and am now super sad to learn that there is no way and it’s been something people have been asking for for 5 years in this thread. This seems like a super simple request. Are these threads monitors by someone from AT?

Matt_Adams
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@airtable REALLY SAD TO SEE YOU HAVE NOT RESPONDED HERE PUBLICLY!!!

WE NEED FOLDERS!!!

I have multiple “bases” per client. I NEED FOLDERS

Joshua_Caldwell
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I was just thinking about this Appreciate you

jables
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

For the love of all that is in right in the world, PLEASE add this feature, or at least give us a way to have a list view that we can sort.

The large icons, although visually nice, make it difficult to organize bases once you get past 20 or so.

Joe_Martin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

PLEASE ADD FOLDERS IN THE WORKSPACE VIEW. We are a start-up and love using Airtable but need to keep things tidy so new members of staff can use it efficiently. Pleaseeee

Elias_Hinderber

We really, really need this feature. It’s so simple, but would do so much!

Brandi_Bullock
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Here to say folders are desperately needed for our team! We have cross-functional teams and the inability to organize our bases is debilitating to our workflow at times!

Howard_Shaw

This is a desperately needed feature and it looks like it’s been requested for close to five years. Any updates from Airtable on what the plan is?

Jeff_Olson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Wanted to bump this and say it’s the key feature keeping us from getting the rest of our firm on board with Airtable as a standard tool. I’m sure I’m overestimating the simplicity of implementing it, but it feels downright critical at this point. Otherwise we’re relying on color coding to associate things, and truly struggling to keep archived info somewhere out of the way.

Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

OP here, just checking in.

The lack of engagement on this is one of the reasons why I had to stop using Airtable years ago.

I am genuinely staggered that this is still an active complaint.