Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to display Linked Record fields as a list or dropdown in Forms

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Krizan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I love the ability to display Single-select and Multi-select fields as either a list or dropdown in forms, as it provides a much better visual indication of the options and just a better UX for survey respondents. However, this cannot yet be done for Linked Record fields, which makes their usage awkward in surveys (the options aren’t as discoverable and for a survey question that allows multiple-selection, a user has to manually click the “+ Add” button each time and select their choices vs. being able to select from a list all at once).

Single-select field as a list

How multiple-selection looks for a Linked Record field…

image.png

I just want this same option for Linked Record fields…

4 Comments
Brilliant_Admin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’ve recommended the same as a feature as well. I use other tables to populate drop-downs in order to manage those list far more simply. I can provide an “active” checkbox, add new options, and the list only shows those items that are currently active - while formerly active options are still present in the database.

Brent_McNamee
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Definitely a +1 for this.

In my case, I have an order form populating a database, and a list of things they can buy is in another table. Right now, the items are “hidden” behind the + Add button. It just looks and feels a LOT better if it is displayed with checkboxes, as you can do with a multi-select field.

David_Krizan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Yeah, I would also love to be able to quickly multi-select many linked records fields (both on a form and in a dropdown), as you can only select one at a time.

Burner
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Me too. +1 I really wish this is added soon. The current implementation makes the linked reference field really awkward in forms. Is there a roadmap or feature list that we can vote on this about?