Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to find a linked record through other columns

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
kc
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator
What is the proposed idea/solution?

What's existing is that when clicking the + button on a "Link to another record" column, it shows a "search box" and we can find an existing record, but you can only search for the linked record's value. It would be more efficient to be able to find an existing record using its other parameters (maybe the four columns that are shown).

In the example image below, if I type "Notes C" or "1335", it should show Item 3. What's currently happening is I should strictly type "3" or "Item 3" to get to that linked record. It's especially inconvenient if it's a lengthy SKU or something like "A Very Long Title Like This and That Vol. 3" when I could use that linked record's other columns to find it.

Screenshot 2023-02-12 150634.png

How does it solve user problems?

It allows the user to quickly find a linked record through other parameters and makes workflow more efficient.

How was this validated?

The first four columns on the find field are the linked table's first four columns too, so if the user wants to "customize" the first four columns, they can trigger "Limit record selection to a view" when making that linked record column to use that specific view's first four columns.

Who is the target audience?

Users who use linked records a lot with multiple useful columns.