Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to lock fields

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Rebecca_Flores
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Unless Im missing it, I would like the ability to lock changes to fields in a base and/or records. Would help prevent accidental deletion. I discovered several days later I had done thisโ€ฆ

76 Comments
Dean_Arnold
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

+1โ€ฆ
In my case, Iโ€™m using Airtable as a database/CMS for an app. For certain tables, If I make a change in airtable it wonโ€™t sync with my actual firebase database. So I need to lock fields so Admins, donโ€™t think it will.

Florian_Liebig
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, is there any update in this lock field feature? Since we work with the API this would be very important to have data consitency

klonaway
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Use case : I am the only user of my base. I have multi-select fields which are very sensitive (linked to external APIs) and I want to lock myself from accidentally creating new options while creating/editing records (which happens way too oftenโ€ฆ).

Expected functionality : In the โ€œCustomize field typeโ€ section of the column header, I expect to see a switch ON/OFF called โ€œBlock creation of new options when editing recordsโ€. Not asking for granularity among users : I just want to make sure the available options can only be edited from the โ€œCustomize field typeโ€ section.

Actually, if that option is / becomes available, I would use it for most of my Single-select fields, since in my opinion such fields are often meant to be used in formulas and should not be messed with. I do consider that option should be a default, and the switch should be labelled โ€œAllow the creation of new option while editing recordsโ€. But that is obviously just a personal opinion ! Whichever way, as long as the switch exists :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for any feedback (does this option already exist in a way ?) and listening to community requests !

Franklin_Colleg
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I need a way to keep records from accidently being deleted. Itโ€™s frustrating that even with the pro plan I can only see deleted records for the last 7 days. I have had a few records disappear and there is no way to look for them if you donโ€™t realize until after a week, and there is nothing to prevent this from happening. The ability to lock and unlock would add a layer of protection to keep things from being deleted accidently.

Kasra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hi, we released field & table editing permissions in April.

With field and table editing permissions, you can limit who can make certain changes to a field or table. For example, you can make sure that only some coworkers can mark a project as approved, or prevent anyone from inadvertently deleting records.

You can learn more here:

Thank you for all the feedback!

oVo_Team

+1