Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to lock fields

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Rebecca_Flores
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Unless Im missing it, I would like the ability to lock changes to fields in a base and/or records. Would help prevent accidental deletion. I discovered several days later I had done thisโ€ฆ

76 Comments
Rebecca_Flores

In my opinion, at a minimum, I would like to be able to lock a base after
modifications for security issues. And as I stated before, with so
many"open faced" devices, it would be pleasing to know ur changes were
saved before your cat or child touched the screen. Lol

Scott_Chesrown
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 +1 +1 for this feature. We are using our table operationally, and tightening up controls would help.

Matthew_Dewey
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 for this feature. Essential for avoiding accidental deletions. Useful if it could be set per user I.e. Person A with edit access can change this field, but person B with edit access canโ€™t.

Bruce_Peaslee

+1

My base has neighborhood information. The Lot Number, Address, etc. never change and must not be edited. Other fields such as Rented?, ForSale?, etc., are meant to be changed. None of the records should be deleted.

Epic_Morocco
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™d also like to see locks for specific columns esp when collecting data via forms. The data provided on a customer feedback form should not be able to be modified.

Eduardo_Alberto
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1
Iโ€™d also like this

Shreya_Bhutra

+1 for being able to lock certain feilds in a table

Zac
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 this is absolutely necessary

FGE_Staff
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

We generate orders from a parts/price list in Airtable - prices change and we would like to be able to change them without it consequently changing the prices of previously generated orders and quotes.

Daniel_Willen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is needed. Also one would like to be able to modify permissions for tables and fields. For example a password field which only an administrator can see. Permissions could be structured on a โ€œgroupโ€ level or overriden for specific people or scenarios.