Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Ability to show non-input fields in a form

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

It would be really helpful to be able to see non-input fields in a form, such as Lookups, Auto Number, Count, Rollup and Formula.

I have a grid view of repair work which is private to me, but I have given links to form inputs to some third party contractors to log their work to my grid view.

I can foresee a time in the future where there will be duplicates in the Name field. The Name field contains names of my customers. If I get two John Smithโ€™s in my database, the contractor wonโ€™t know how to differentiate between the two of them. However, if I could bring in a Lookup field to the form view, the contractor would be able to see serial number and product name pertaining to the customer and verify that they had chosen the right one.

Similarly, I use the Auto Number functionality for assigning Repair IDs. If the contractor could see the Repair ID at this point, they can keep logs for their own accounting purposes without me having to grant them access to the grid view.

1 Comment
Julian_Kirkness
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I completely concur with this - and would go further in the futureโ€ฆ

I would like to be able to publish forms with which the user can see data associated with them (which implies they need to log in). For example, an employee should be able to see all leave requests they have made and the current status of them (without necessarily having access to the whole base).

Alternatively, a client may be able to see details of previous support request they have made, reply to them etc.