Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Access to tables/fields/records by roles

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Kira_Lapin
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

All examples are mine and real.

My example 1 (access to tables):
I need that to my employees. They need to open the table with the tasks in the kanban for task status change (new / work / done), but they should not be able to watch and change anything else.

My example 2 (access to fields):
There are employees table. One of the fields - the salary. I need people to have access to the rest of the column, but could not see salary.

My example 3 (access to records):
The design studio has several people on several projects. It is necessary that the people would see only their team projects, suppliers. They should not be visible to others.

My example 4 (access to records):
There is a network of orphanages. Each orphanage has teachers who should only see their children and not have access to other children of orphanages. Each director of an orphanage should have access to their teachers and do not have access to others.

Sorry for my English

2 Comments
Seongji_Kim1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes I also want this feature. I want to be able to hide or limit access to certain tables in a base.
My use case is this: when I invite external contractors to a project management base, I donโ€™t want them to see other tables within the base like cost tracking and contractors information.

rjmuz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am also interested in this functionality.

In fact, I would be interested in a fully featured, user management module for non-admin users. The way I envisage it is this:

• โ€˜adminโ€™ category are those that have access to the base
  • โ€˜userโ€™ category are those whose access you build up by assigning them views (with filters to which you can provide parameters, eg: the userโ€™s name or ID and automatically applies filters).

I think this would be a huge a step in the direction of displacing actual custom webapps.