Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Add new linked record when entering data in a form

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Daniel_Robbins
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

One of my fields is a link to another table. Iโ€™d like end-users who are using the Form to add data to be able to create new records in the linked table but from the primary table data entry form.

139 Comments
Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Weโ€™ve built another extension that allows form users to add new linked records before reaching Airtable from.

Create New Linked Records in Airtable Forms

Rich_Cleeve
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I just took out a subscription, and glad now it was only for one month. Even MS Access did this back in the mid 90โ€™s.

@Airtable, all you need to do is make the โ€œaddโ€ button link to a form on the child table, and return to the parent form on submit with the new record in place.

People have been asking for this for 4 years and without it, may as well go back to spreadsheets.

Mike_Doyle
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Agreed, it doesnโ€™t make sense to have to perform two external integration just to do a simple task like this

Mike_Doyle

Itโ€™s not useful for me personally as I donโ€™t want to pay for Congnito and Zapier for something that should be in Airtableโ€ฆ

ashley
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 โ€“ would be a game changer.

Janson_Hartliep
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Also a heavy plus one.

Odd that only one Airtable representative has popped in to say anythingโ€ฆ despite a clear and succinct callout of the problem and solution nearly two years ago Add new linked record when entering data in a form

Stephen_Joslyn

+1 for me too. Seems obvious.

Birk_Ulstad
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Huge +1 from me! And it would be nice to know whether this feature is on a roadmap or not

ZYGOTE_DEVELOPM

+1 for me too โ€“ have a hard time believing this is still an issue 4 hours after the first post in this thread!

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Weโ€™ve added a new feature to our extension that allows you to add line items in the form and automatically link them to the record being created.