Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Add "save to camera roll" or "photos" to iOS app

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Robert_Tran
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I think it would be an quick and easy feature to add the ability to download photo attachments from the app and save to camera roll. Yes, there is save to dropbox, but in the interest of doing a download in minimum amt of steps, save to camera roll is fastest.

Opening up the photo in safari to save to camera roll is too many steps. Also, I canโ€™t use share to facebook because I am often commenting within a specific thread, so itโ€™s easier for me to attach a photo from my camera roll while Iโ€™m replying to the comment.

9 Comments
FreshDejavu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Ditto - I assume โ€œsave to galleryโ€ is one of the most natural, frequently used steps after opening up an attachment, and I canโ€™t believe itโ€™s not one of the options even till this day. Please add this feature!

Shepo

Agreed, was shocked whenever I just tried doing this and it didnโ€™t work.

Devin_Arnone
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Has this been resolved? We are running multiple social channels and there is no quick way to save photos.

Stephen_Kennedy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

YES! Please add this functionalityโ€ฆ Seems like it should easily be one of the default options.

Kirk_Nankivell

From this support article - Airtable for mobile: More on the attachment field type* - it says:

โ€œโ€ฆyou can tap the download icon on the left to bring up a variety of sharing and downloading options, or you can tap the trashcan icon on the right to delete the attachment.โ€

Yetโ€ฆ we just tried to download an image from an Airtable and there were no actual options to download the file (Save to Gallery, Download to phone, etc.).

*Sorry, you canโ€™t include links in your postsโ€ฆ Otherwise I would have linked the articleโ€ฆ

Avalon_Yarnes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please, I wanted to make Airtable my social media go to, but if I canโ€™t easily grab the images off airtable itโ€™s obsolete for what Iโ€™m doing!

Dan_Evans
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

What is going on here? Can we still not save photos to our iPad or iPhone?

Danielle_McNeil
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Has this been resolved? Huge feature miss!

Kostadin_Dragan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We all need this featureโ€ฆ Cmon now, itโ€™s not so hardโ€ฆ