Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Adding a field type filter when finding a field

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kc
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator
What is the proposed idea/solution?

To have the ability to filter a certain field type when finding a field.

Say, I have 100 columns with different field types and I created a fresh new view. For a clean starting point, I'd hide all fields, leaving me with the first column. Then, I want to unhide certain columns. I'll have to go through my 100 fields to find what I'm looking for or search for the field name on the provided search box. But what if I don't recall the field name but I know what field type it is? What if I know it's a Number or a Lookup? Right now, the best solution is to scroll down and focus on the icons, which is tedious if I have 100 fields.

This idea, on the other hand, will make me filter Number, and it will show me fields that are Number types, and I'll easily find what I'm looking for.

How does it solve user problems?

Adds efficiency to scrolling many fields to find what you're looking for.

Not just for hidden views, but finding fields in Filter, Group, Sort, Color, and many others.

How was this validated?

Add a little dropdown on the right of the search box when finding field for filtering different field types.

Who is the target audience?

Everyone who uses Airtable.