Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Adding Button Scripts like VB Macro in Access/Excel - field type "macro button"

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Mustafa_Kaplan
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is there a way to add buttons which do some automated jobs inside AirTable ? This feature will be a killer.

For example; From the customers table with form view, I click a button to invoice the customer and the invoice form comes with pre-filled info from the customer I was in and sends a mail with my smtp server.

This can be done with a field type โ€œmacro buttonโ€ added and some script added to the button

4 Comments
Stephen_Hauck
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is something that I have a need for as well.

Tuur
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Iโ€™m working on a scripting web service. Drop me a line if youโ€™re interested. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ryan_Hayden
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

No, not at the moment.

What you can do and we have done is just host the script on a server with a public domain and hit it using the URL field type then interact with airtable using the API. This has the effect of creating a button.

In our case, we were using Airtable as a CMS for a static site, and needed the button to force a git commit and push to update content. Your request is a little more complicated than that but doesnโ€™t seem impossible.

Michael_Jones1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes I agree this would be awesome. I manage leads on behalf of realtors. And I use Airtable as a CMS to provide my customers and would love a โ€œClaim Buttonโ€. I would have a webhook behind the button that would simply tell my contact center app to stop any future calls. Lots of use cases for this though!