Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Advanced User Permissions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonathan_Fuller
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Again running into issues with not having more granular control of User Permissions. Wondering if this is on the Roadmap and if so (Though I know you can’t say when) is it one of the higher priority items?

You all are awesome. Thanks!

261 Comments
Maylene_So
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

+1 for this feature. Need more granularity of permissions at the table and/or VIEW level.

Also would be a plus if there was an option to copy existing permissions when new bases are created

Luis_HM
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1. I believe that granular permissions (hiding tables or columns for certain editors) allows for much more serious enterprise uses.

Incoplan_Web
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I Agree! setting permission to certain fields or tables would be a whole new level for Airtable. Hope developers find a way to introduce it. :pray:

Basho
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 on this feature request. I work with multiple clients who are submitting work orders and managing work in progress in an airtable base - but I also want to manage a different set of contractors who are doing the work on those work orders, as well as track expenses and revenue for those same work orders. Airtable views and columns make creating personalized views for each stage of the work possible, but the entire base data is available to all. As such, contractors know what other contractors get paid, as would the client, etc. etc.

We absolutely need to have some user permissions around hiding fields for certain collaborators and then it would be a perfect solution. Hmmmm. . . please?

Could possibly leverage a form for intake but even in that situation the client, if listed as a collaborator, would be able to expand to see the hidden fields (I think).

Linking between bases or sectioning collaborator permissions by Table could work too but I don’t think those are possible either. . .are they?

Thanks!

logos_dev
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We need to a way for people to comment on certain tables but not view the entire base’s tables. Or a linking mechanism between different base tables where user access can be allowed on base one and denied on another.

Shomrei_Emunah
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I can’t believe it’s not possible to have different permission levels. I’ve spent many many hours working on a database for our institution and took for granted that I’d be able to keep some confidential information from some users. I use many many cloud applications and ALL of them have ways of limiting access and information.

So almost a year ago the airtable CEO said it was coming soon. Is it?

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

What do you want to hide? There is some methods, mainly with Views.

Shomrei_Emunah
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

familiar with so called “personal” views etc. this is not a business level solution. Is there a business that doesn’t have confidential data that perhaps all collaborators should not have access to?

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

You want to hide Records, Fields, Views, Tables?

hilary_willcox
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The lack of security is the one aspect which is making our company question whether Airtable is right for us.
User stories:
As the creator of a base, I want to share this base as read-only with other selected people.
As the owner of the data in the base I want to avoid anyone from sharing the read-only link outside a certain domain.