Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Advanced User Permissions

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jonathan_Fuller
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Again running into issues with not having more granular control of User Permissions. Wondering if this is on the Roadmap and if so (Though I know you canโ€™t say when) is it one of the higher priority items?

You all are awesome. Thanks!

261 Comments
Admin_Publicis
5 - Automation Enthusiast

The one feature that would make us use only Airtable and not โ€œhome-made codeโ€ or other tools would be the possibility to share only a portion of the base (one table and selected views i.e.) to an external user and give that person the ability to edit or add records.

Hey guys, i had the same issue so we built a way to sync base together so we can share a portion of base with edit access to our clients.
We are thinking of sharing it, if you are interested click here

Jarvis
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello, weโ€™re interested! Weโ€™ve signed up (twice). Whatโ€™s the next step? :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Paulina_Lopez
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Just my two cents - the reason I ended up here:

For sensitive, critical data, if I want to get someone to help with data entry, I need to be able to give them permission to add records but not to delete anything. I want to be able to have someone create records without being able to accidentally delete or otherwise modify the base/tables.

Editor level permissions minus โ€œdeleteโ€ would accomplish this.

A write-only permission level would be great too - if I only need them to enter new data, but donโ€™t want them to modify existing data, this would be the better implementation.

Sloth_Outfitter
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

How do we get on the beta!!

Bill_French
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Doesnโ€™t this support already exists through the forms system? Iโ€™m not a security expert, but I think a form abstracts data producers away from your base.

Admin_Publicis

Hi, just following up about syncing part of your airtable base with clients and partners.
We released the beta version, you can signup there : https://trybases.com

beshur
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Per-API-key base permissions are on our roadmap

Is this still on the roadmap?

Ihor_Onyshchenk
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Check out this service. https://strictapi.com Looks like they just lunched. They act as proxy between Airtable API and the client. They will create 2 API users for you and each user can have access to different tables.

Jeff_Kemp
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Canโ€™t believe Airtable can add table and field level permissions, but still allows any user with edit rights (i.e. team member) to see ALL DATA in ALL TABLES. Still makes it useless for me to add team members so must rely on other tools almost solely because of the VIEW ALL strategy employed. Sharing a read-only view in some way does not help.

BTW the simple solution seems to make editable Views sharable to Users and/or Roles. If a field isnโ€™t in the view then the shared user canโ€™t edit. If a Table has no shared views then it is private by nature. Simple, and much needed.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The best way that we have of accomplishing this right now is Stacker. Itโ€™s actually pretty amazing what theyโ€™ve accomplished, because itโ€™s both powerful AND easy to setup. Would be awesome if Airtable bought them and integrated it into the product.