Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Airtable Automations - Record Comments

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmitryk
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator
What is the proposed idea/solution?
  • New Comment automation trigger with conditional logic
  • Add actions to list, create, delete and update records
  • On a JavaScript record object, add methods to list, create, delete and update comments

How does is solve the user problems?

Automation triggered by new comments could be used at the user's discretion. One example is to send a message/notification to a third-party service like Microsoft Teams.

The ability to create comments from automations/scripting could be used at the user's discretion. One example is to leave a comment (as an automations user) if a record didn't meet certain conditions.

The current method requires:

1. Generate an access token with data.recordComments:read and/or data.recordComments:write scope
  2. Add a Script action to an automation
  3. Craft a fetch request for each comment operation and exposing the access token

Would be much simpler to create an instance of a record object and use a method like: 

record.createComment()
record.deleteComment()
record.updateComment()
record.listComments()

Who is the target audience?

All users

3 Comments
dmitryk
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Rich text formatting for comments would be nice too.

Cynthia_Sanchez
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Although we have automated email sends, I must say, automating comments would boost the user experience of the applications for self-service that we create as most people are tired of reading emails. This idea is very valuable!

Rafael_Oliveira
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am creating a project and I will try to use API withing Script in Automation to add comments to records.

https://airtable.com/developers/web/api/create-comment