Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Airtable Hairball - Base Schema app needs retain highligted cell when moving around

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itoldusoandso
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Here is screenshot of my Airtable chaos I have in one of my bases. The main table has about 400 fields and I can’t really move them to another table without creating duplicate data entry, manual work or need for automation.

If I need to figure things out, it’s a fishing expedition. The issue with the Base Schema app is it doesn’t keep the highlighted field while I move the tables around to explore the linking. I need to zoom in and out and move around but as soon as I move the mouse pointer from the field (cell), the focus changes and the cell is no longer highlighted (so when I highlight the cell to see linkages and then try to move around, the red color is gone).

I am not saying the red highlight should stay permanent, what I would wish for is if there was a way to “freeze” the highlighted cell and linkages while I am exploring the relationships.

schema1

2 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

This sounds like a real problem! Although sadly, it’s unlikely that Airtable will improve this anytime soon. You may want to check out On2Air Schema to see if it does what you need!

itoldusoandso
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Interesting. Looks good. So the $9.99 starter program seems include 1 schema. Do you know if what they call a “schema” in On2Air is the same as schema in AirTable?

What is more interesting I find looking at On2Air is their Actions. I’ll post it as a new question in the forum here since it’s unrelated to my original post.