Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Allow selecting records by group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephen_Hood
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Currently, if you want to select all the records in a particular grouping you have to select them one by one. Suggest adding a checkbox in each group heading so can quickly select all the records for groups. Right now the individual level or all record selection at the table level is too little or too much. Looks like an oversight when the grouping functionality was added but maybe it just didn’t make it in the initial release?

4 Comments
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

One workaround is to check the box of the first record in the group, hold down the shift key, and select the checkbox of the last record in the group—it’s a lot faster than clicking on them one at a time.

checkbox.gif

Stephen_Hood

Thanks that’s useful, should have thought of it myself. Only been doing computers for 40 years. The checkbox scenario is for when you want to select a bunch of groups of interest, so it would be nice to collapse all groups and then scan your list for the set of lists your interested in and select them. When your working in a “list” (ie group) mentality for copy and paste it would be very useful. Thanks again.

Jordan_Dayton
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @Katherine_Duh,

I’m familiar with the ability to hold shift and select a list of records, as you’ve outlined here. I feel like I remember doing this with airtable, in the past, but when I try to do it now, it doesn’t work. Any suggestions??

shift select not working

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

That’s strange! Shift and click should be working as you expected. (Just made this gif a minute ago.)
shift-click.gif

This might be a conversation better suited for support@airtable.com. If you can, please try and include a screenshot of the developer console after you try to perform the shift+click action.