Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

API to Generate/Manage Personal Access Tokens on Service Accounts (Enterprise Plan)

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
dk82734
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Airtable Team,

First off, I'm really enjoying the new Personal Access Tokens feature -- it makes it *much* easier to cross-check which external Make.com scenario is responsible for record/field level changes via the Record History view.  Great job!

Secondly, when juggling over 150+ Make.com scenarios that touch Airtable, it becomes non-trivial to manually create a new, unique Personal Access Token for each separate Make.com scenario.  Trust me, I *want* to do this because the audit logs are much *cleaner*, but I wish it was less *time consuming*.

Therefore, I'm looking for Airtable to provide an API that allows enterprise *administrators* to create new personal access tokens *at scale*.  That would solve a ton of friction for our engineering teams on their journey to migrate to Personal Access Tokens.

Happy to spell out this use-case further; thanks for your time.

2 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You canโ€™t create Personal Access Tokens en masse, but Airtable does give Enterprise users the ability to create Service Accounts, which keeps tokens separate from actual users:

https://support.airtable.com/docs/service-accounts-overview

dk82734
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

@ScottWorld , that's precisely what I'm talking about.  In the Enterprise Service Accounts section, Airtable still calls them "Personal access tokens" (even though they aren't personal -- tied to a service account instead):

dk82734_0-1685203289516.png

To be fair, we're in the process of creating 100s of tokens by hand, and I'd like for there to be an API to automate token creation/management for tokens tied to service accounts, accordingly.

Hope that helps clarify.