Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Attachment File Size, Type, & # Limits

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryan_Lee
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

We have the form embedded into our website, and we have public applicants applying via airtable.

However, because we’re not able to limit the attachment size nor the number of files, we’re getting overloaded with applicants who upload a lot of huge files. We have to manually delete them.

Despite having clear instructions on the form for limited files size, type, and #, applicants don’t care sometimes.

It would be amazing if we could put a feature that can put limitations on the # of files, size, type per entry.

• Ryan
11 Comments
Justin_Brown
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is a massively needed feature for one of my clients. Same situation: it’s an application that the public uploads photos too. It’s forcing them to deactivate member accounts in order to afford the monthly fee.

Michael_Norris
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

YES YES YES YES. I am using Airtable for my students, but it’s amazing how many of them upload multiple documents or in the wrong file format despite clear instructions.

Nicho_Worth

Please create this feature!

Wilber_Palenque
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be a huge improvement! other forms have the ability to limit size and type of file.

Aashna_Shroff
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would love this feature!

Joe_Zapert
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same here! People uploading video files constantly puts us over limit and breaks our whole workflow. If we could at least specify kind of attachments, it would save us such a huge headache.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

This would definitely be a nice feature to have!

In the meantime, a few workarounds that could help a little bit:

This extension lets you calculate the size of file attachments after they’ve been attached to your base, so you can at least see which ones are taking up the most space:

Also, an alternative form solution would be to use a form building tool like TypeForm which enforces a 10 MB size limit on file uploads.

I don’t think TypeForm lets you limit the file type that people can upload, but it might.

Also, TypeForm has native Airtable integration built into its platform, so you wouldn’t even need to turn to Integromat or Zapier to automate the process of getting your form data & attachments into Airtable.

Michael_Norris
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Bump. Is this still not implemented yet?

pmsoltani

Bump. Any news regarding this feature?

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We just added an option to miniExtensions Form that allows you to set a file size limit on the uploaded attachments. You can force the form to reject huge files.