Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Automation Action: send webhook

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniela_Hecht
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Easy integration and sync with hundreds of apps for non Json-speakers

5 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Here are instructions on how to send data from Airtable to any GET webhook, such as the webhooks at Make.com which can integrate with thousands of apps.

Daniela_Hecht
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks Scott! That is very helpful. Wouldn't it be nice, though, to have it nicely wrapped in an automation action  for us no-code users?  I know everything can be solved with sript, but I thought the idea behind Airtable  was to minimize (or better eliminate) the need for code

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@Daniela_Hecht 

Haha, you're preaching to the choir! I WISH that Airtable cared about their product as much as we do.

I assure you that all the Airtable consultants (such as myself) care 10,000 times more about Airtable than the Airtable employees themselves do.

I say this from personal experience as being one of the top Airtable consultants for the last 6 years.

By the way, regarding your original webhook question, if you want to send data to a GET webhook, you can also do this WITHOUT scripting by simply creating a URL link in your Airtable base (or a button that calls that URL link). Then, you would just click the link to trigger the webhook. The downside to this approach is that it will always open a new tab in your browser.

Daniela_Hecht
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I know, @ScottWorld, for 5 of those years I've been reading your solutions and complains (that I agree with 99% of the times I understand them).
The thing with your solution right now is that the main part of my request is about the automation, not so much the creation and sending of the webhook itself, and sadly, button clicking is not an automation action either. Hey! there's an idea! should I create another Product Idea post or there's no point in me bothering?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

They don't read our posts here, so there's really no point in you bothering. You can trigger an automation with a single-select field, so that would be the best way of triggering your automation. It's like a button, but better.