Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Barcodes do not print well

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
John-Paul_Kerno
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I used this workflow.
1.scan an existing barcode on a third party list to create barcode number on an item using iPhone and adding number directly to a barcode field
2. Set up print list using blocks page designer
3. Added barcode field to list to be printed by clicking to add. No change in dimensions of field thereby added
4. Printed and tried to scan printed barcode with iPhone in the relevant table and view
5. Fails as barcode will not scan

Further test show barcode MUST be printed at 100% ( which it was) AND (this is much worse) stretched to a larger size in order to scan.

Result is a barcode printed output twice the size as the original barcode used to input into Airtable

2 Comments
drassi
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Iโ€™ve had similar issues, I wasnโ€™t able to get barcodes to generate at all using Page Designer. Iโ€™m just dragging the field over though, not using linked field arrays, not sure if itโ€™s the same situation as yours.

For me, what has worked best is simply re-generating the barcode image from the barcode text, using a 3rd party service. I wanted QR codes from my {Code} field, so I made a new formula "https://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=160x160&chld=L|0&Code&chl="&{Code} and then just used that as an image URL in my page designer layout. Just a suggestion, if you can find a service to re-generate your barcodes in the desired resolution/format that may help you out.

John-Paul_Kerno
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

For sake of clarity and I am sure you know that dragging a barcode field into page designer does not actually generate a barcode. Sorry if I misread.