Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Base level revision history

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Amanda_Griffies
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I searched through and couldnโ€™t find anything since February.

Can I see revision history for an entire base versus having to go into each record?

19 Comments
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

I think that feature is not available.

Robert_Preseau
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This seems like such an oversight. How are you supposed to know which records to dig into to see history change if you canโ€™t see it at a macro level? Am I missing something??

Stephanie_Pfeif
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Team Airtbale, please do something about this ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Jon_Johnson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It looks like we have all been waiting over 4 years for base-level revision history.

I personally agree with every comment above; going into every single record to see if changes have been made is a bit ridiculous. At least give us something like an App for the side-bar which shows edit history across either the whole database, or at least for the base you are currently looking at.

This feature would make so many people thrilledโ€ฆ even if it was only made a Pro+ level feature or something.

DC_Berlin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Also need this feature! Airtable Team! Your Customers are HERE!

Sabrina_Hewa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

we need this feature. record level revision history is not very useful

Melissa_Hanson1

I have a solution Iโ€™m using. Created a new grid view with select fields. created 2 fields - Last modified date/time (choose all fields to watch), Last modified by and then sorted by date. Boom. History.

Jonathan_Leung
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Use AirTableโ€™s Slack integration. You can make it post to a channel for ALL changes to a base! Itโ€™s amazing!

https://support.airtable.com/docs/receiving-base-activity-notifications-in-slack

OpsLHPA

Another one to the chorus. I don't want to have to rely on ANOTHER app that should be available immediately within Airtable. Right now, unless you do the Slack workaround (and our company doesn't use Slack), someone can come in, delete a bunch of items in a base, and there's no footprint because there's no record to examine for the history. 

This isn't just a necessary feature... this is a SECURITY hazard.