Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Better mobile file upload support

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

It seems that filepicker.io has gone defunct, and is no longer a viable option for an in-app file-selection API. @Airtable, please update your file-selection to use a more updated API, device native APIโ€™s, or else a custom solution that meets users needs on Android and iOS (and the upcoming iPadOS).

Itโ€™s now basically impossible to upload a PDF (as a PDF) to a recordโ€™s Attachment field in Airtable on an iOS device, which is pretty frustrating.

5 Comments
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

I agree the mobile file upload experience could be improved.

Iโ€™m an Android user, and I use Airtable to track my apartment hunt. I take photos of each place I visit, but its a headache adding them to my base on mobile because you have to add them one by one.

Iโ€™d like to see the improvements asked for by @Jeremy_Oglesby, in addition to bulk file upload for all mobile app users.

Russ_Campbell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Totally agree. This shouldnโ€™t have to be a feature request. Unfathomable that Airtable doesnโ€™t have access to the file app.

Nilesh_Shep
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

There should be an option to upload videos from mobile. File renaming settings should be available.

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

Woohoo :tada: :partying_face:
Thank you, @Airtable !

iOS users can now upload local PDFโ€™s and other file types from the Files app.

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

@Jeremy_Oglesby I know your request was specifically for IOS, but this doesnโ€™t appear to be a feature in Android yet. Its only half a solution.

@Airtable any plans on adding the feature to Android? Non-IOS users always seem to play second-fiddle when it comes to mobile app updates.