Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Calendar View: Layering and Coloring

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Kyle_Stenson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I would like to be able to create a calendar view, which shows multiple date columns. It would also be nice to apply colors or categories to various cells or columns.

The end goal here is to be able to layer all the different Date field types on a tab from a single view.

Use case:

I might indicate in a tab when a client joined, when their contract ends, when my last communication with them was, product launch date, etc. Iโ€™d like to see all my events from one view or choose which ones to hide.

5 Comments
Chais_Meyer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 On This!

We have a need to view a calendar with different date columns as well.
And yes, if they different date fields could be colored (to differentiate between them), that would be AMAZING!

Matt_Bush
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Matt from Airtable here. We are currently planning out improvements to Calendar View including support for multiple date fields from the same table.

These improvements will be available in beta in a couple months.

Matt_Bush
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Update from the Airtable team: We are excited to announce a beta of support for multiple date fields from the same table in calendar views!

At this time we are opening up the beta to customers on our Pro and Enterprise plans. If you are on a Pro or Enterprise plan and are interested in being added to the multiple date fields beta, please sign up here. Please allow us up to a week to process signups from this form.

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury
Sarah_Denison-J
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

So this is cool, but now Iโ€™m trying to view multiple calendars in one view. Just how in Outlook I can view my personal calendar layered with my team calendar layered with our organizationโ€™s calendar, I want to be able to view the calendars from different tabs in one work space at the same time - is this possible? Iโ€™ve tried getting these dates into one tab so I can use this feature of multiple date fields in one tab, but theres tons of challenges with this with both redundancy and clarity. Has anyone else figured this out?