Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Change colors on linked records

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vincent_Tang
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I can’t seem to figure this out. Normally on “multiple select” or “Single select” options, changing colors is fairly easy

however with linked tables, the colors are always blue. Cannot find any options to change it

I found this support thread here, but it wasn’t answered either

is this a supported feature?

Reference:

c7cd1105cd6d43bb25e99b75ae77c179510fcdd1.png

67 Comments
Matt_Bush
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

No, this is not a supported feature at this time. We’ve heard this request a few times and are considering ways to support it in the future.

Vincent_Tang
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

okay thanks for the update

Florian_Gouy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey Vincent,

I also miss this feature.
Nevertheless, I found a workaround which could help you:
Use some emojis in your linked records title (see https://emojipedia.org)

Have fun with Airtable :winking_face:

Best regards,
Florian

Vincent_Tang
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

ah okay I could use unicode symbols as well forgot about those

:zap: ✪ ◆ ✗ ✓

Dave_Thorne
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would also be useful to be able to show the linked records shaded different colours depending on their status. For example in my Suppliers’ Table I have a column which is linked to the table containing invoices from the suppliers but once these invoices are paid and the date is added to the invoice on the invoice Table it would be useful to signify which invoices are outstanding or paid in the linked table column of the Suppliers’ Table.

Better still it would be good to be able to link to a view of a Table so I could have a view just for outstanding invoices not those that have been paid.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

And why not Gouping, Filter, or even creating a View for them? :thinking:

You can already to that based on a Expected Payment Date field, for instance.

Dave_Thorne

Thanks for replying but not sure I understand your post, I want to be able to see on the Suppliers’ Table either a visible indication of the status of their invoices in the Linked Table column or an option to choose which ones I see by linking to a View of the Invoice Table.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

So you have a Suppliers table, with a Linked Record field to connect with Invoices table, isn’t it? And you have several Invoices linked to every Supplier. So, you could have:

• All Invoices paid
  • Some Invoices paid, and others not paid
  • None Invoices paid

So you can’t do this:

You could have a Field indicating if there is a pending Invoice, for instance.

You cannot do this neither, because the Linking field is like an auxiliary field, like a ghost :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: You have to work with Invoices in the Invoices table. You could Filter them (and even Group by Supplier) in a new View, to see only pending ones.

Also, in the same way, you could create a new View in Suppliers table, seeing only those with pending Invoices (but in the Invoices linked record field you will see ALL the invoices related to that Supplier).

Dave_Thorne

Thanks again

Also, in the same way, you could create a new View in Suppliers table, seeing only those with pending Invoices (but in the Invoices linked record field you will see ALL the invoices related to that Supplier).

The only problem with this solution, if I have followed it correctly, is that the invoices that now appear in the Pending Invoices (Lookup) column in the Suppliers’ Table are not links to those invoices.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Afaik, you can’t create a Lookup on Suppliers table to get ONLY the unpaid Invoices. How have you done that? :thinking:

I’ve made this demo base, maybe it clarifies a little bit:

It has 2 Views on Suppliers:

• More Invoiced, all records orderer by Number of Invoices. Even you could have a Amount field in Invoices, and Sum all amouts per Supplier, and order Suppliers by more Amount invoiced.
  • Due Invoices, where I have Filtered to see only Suppliers with due Invoices, ordered by Count of Invoices due. Also, you could order it by Total Amount doing the same as before.

It has 2 Views on Invoices:

• All, ordered by Due Date.
  • Due, only due Invoices grouped by Supplier and ordered by Due Date.

You also could create Amount field and order by it, and do many many more things.