Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Changing Displayed Field in Calendar View and/or Display Value of Field

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarah_Cliff
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Continuing the discussion from Changing Displayed Field in Calendar View:

Just wanted to cross post this in the correct forum since it’s not a feature I couldn’t find but a feature that doesn’t exist yet.

It would be nice if we could change the display field of a table to be something other than the primary key field.

Thanks!

64 Comments
G_W_Weber
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’d like to second this request, please!

For my purpose, I’m creating a calendar of home cleans for a housekeeping department. So Employee Joe may clean Red House and Blue House on one day, and Yellow House the next, while Employee Jane may clean the same homes (Red House and Blue House) next week.

Each “clean” has a unique primary key ID number (auto-assigned), but since that’s the primary field, it’s the only field I can show on my calendar. That means the calendar can’t be used at a glance without extensive filtering and views between homes or employees. Being able to create a view where the displayed field is the employee name, and another where it is the home name would make it very useful. This way we could see the entire schedule at a glance and be able to see where an employee is being sent in two directions on the same day, without having to click into each separate record to see the info we need.

Howie
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi there, one alternative way to solve this problem would be to create an autonumber field that is not the primary field, then configure the primary field to be a formula which displays both the employee name and the home name, e.g. ={Employee Name}&" "&{Home Name}

G_W_Weber

Great idea - that worked. Thank you!

EDK-PAL

But this may make the primary field non-unique. Is this OK?

Michael_William
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I also struggle with this. Being able to change the displayed field (to something other than the primary field) would be much more helpful. That way I could have multiple calendar views tied to different displayed fields. Right now I have to change my primary field via a formula each time I want to view the calendar in a different way and doing so seems to break some of my links (where a unique primary field is required).

Noah_Cates

Another vote for this feature to be implemented!

J_Allen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I agree … a method to choose the field to display for the calendar entry. In my case, I already have the date as the primary key, so I’m displaying a rather ridiculous calendar showing 7/18/2018 three times on the calendar the date 7/18/2018.

Just add the ability to display any field for the entry shown on the calendar.

Mario_G

I’d need this feature too! It’s quite important to be able to choose what field to display on the calendar

Heuvelken
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 vote for this additional development

SR1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

These feature is a MUST for us!