Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Choose Dropbox or Google Drive for attachment storage

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Hashim_Warren
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

I would love for my attachments to get sued in my Dropbox. This would allow me to use Airtable as a digital asset manager

18 Comments
Hashim_Warren
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

I evaluated a DAM solution that would cost me 800 a month to do what Iโ€™m asking Airtable to do here.

Thatโ€™s how valuable this feature is in the marketplace

John_Yu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding my voice of support for this feature!

Iโ€™m working in hardware product development and manufacturing, so we are looking to use Airtable as a tracker for products, the factories/vendors that make the products, POs that get sent to the vendors, Engineering Change documentation, etc. for all phases of a product lifecycle (ideation, development, DFM, pre-production, production, sustaining, EOL, etc).

Being able to manage documents that are not your typical Google Docs/Sheets is key (everything from Adobe artwork files, 3D CAD files, PDFs for contracts, etc), and allowing the Attachment field to sync with any file in a Google Drive/Dropbox account would be amazing. That way the latest version of a file is always in a visible and accessible central location for the team. This almost harkens back to Microsoft SharePoint, where entries in a database can be linked to specific MS Office documents or other files on a local file server, only this wouldnโ€™t have the physical limitations of an intranetโ€ฆ

galliani
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Any updates on this request?

Markus_Wernig
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

The fact that downloading a CVS file as a backup leaves all attached files behind is exactly the reason why this feature would be so valuable.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Weโ€™ve built an extension that makes managing digital assets a bit easier by creating a folder in Dropbox for each Airtable record and then add its link back in Airtable automatically.

This extension allows you to backup your Airtable to Dropbox automatically.

Another extension of ours lets you download all Airtable attachments together.

Stevan_Popovic

Has this been solved? Seems like you can now sync from Google Files or Dropbox here

Screenshot 2020-12-28 at 18.36.58

Lawrence_Hiner

@Stevan_Popovic posted an interesting screenshot, however, the next step seems to โ€œuploadโ€ the file from Google Drive to Airtable rather than โ€œlinkingโ€ to the file. No?

Is this feature on an update roadmap or is it available and hiding somewhere?

Tristan-ARG
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 to this, would be amazing