Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Color Code / Hide Tables?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_Owen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I would like the ability to color code my table buttons in the UI. This way I could group tables together by color and function.

I currently have 11 tables that track different aspects of our business and people access them to interact with the data. I’d like to be able separates these “working tables” from tables I’ll be connecting to Cognito Forms for capturing client entered data. For safety / simplicity, we’ll be adding a new table in Airtable for each form on our website. We’re looking at creating about 8 different forms.

I’d love to be able to color the tables that our employees will be interacting with, and assign a different color to the tables that exist as a data store for form data.

As a related, but possibly separate request, I’d like the ability to hide / show tables. This would be especially useful for join tables that aren’t supposed to be accessed directly, but rather as a way of creating many to many relationships.

31 Comments
Valerie_Miles
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

What I need is a way to create automatically a new checklist table whenever I enter the new transaction on the first transactions table. It would also be nice if some fields from one auto-populated to the other, but it doesn’t work. The “lookup” function is not for a single field in a lengthy record. What I really need is for an Airtable expert to take my existing base and “spiffy it up” with better formulas and processes.

Julian_Kirkness
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

@Valerie_Miles - I’ll send you a PM

Tim_Graves
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Color coding would be of great use. The 50,000 row limit in airtable means that you are incentivized to to denormalise the tables. Color coding would help significantly to make the UX better in tables with many columns.

Eli_Campbell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 For Color Coding

This would be super useful as a visual marker for complex table sets, even if the tab colors weren’t filterable.

Dan_Fein
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Katherine,

Is there any update on the ability to hide tables?

Thanks!
Dan

Justin_Spooner
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for hiding tables! I have data from past semesters that I would just like to hide/archive so that I can reference it if need be, but I want those tabs out of my way while I am working on current projects.

JS

brian_vee

I know this is an old thread, but this workaround might help you guys while the color coding feature is not yet developed: Using emojis as prefix to the View Names. (I also use this on table names)

Example:
:clipboard: Main Database
:clipboard: Volunteer Names
:white_check_mark: Activities / Tasks
:bulb: Ideas

TIP: to bring up the emoji keyboard, press (ctrl)+(cmd)+(space) for MAC, press (windows)+(period) for WINDOWS :winking_face:

Chrystel_Olouko

I second the need for a color coding + hiding table feature!

Valerie_Miles
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

What a great idea, thank you. My tables are for my eyes only, so adding the color pop and the emojis has brought a bout of whimsy to my desk time.

Kamau_Georges
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

One more vote for the ability to hide Tables as well.