Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Coloring Date multiple ranges in a single record on a Gantt View

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter_Etheringt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Suggestion - can you add the ability to color specific date ranges within a Gantt view?

For instance, I have a table summarizing a Project. I can display the entire project’s life span in a Gantt view, but it would be incredibly helpful to be able to see the different stages of the project in the same view, without having to create individual records for each stage.

For instance, having the Writing date range be in blue, the Production range in green, and the Distribution range be in red.

2 Comments
Jack_P
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m currently using a Gantt view for Project management also.

I’m using an Automation to create the records within the Gantt table that also assigns a Single select field to each record. The Gantt entries are then colored based off of the single select field. This means i can have an Assembly stage and an Installation stage, that are colored differently.

Not sure if that’s what you’re looking for but hope it helps!

Peter_Etheringt
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I considered that, but the goal is to map out a plan going forward rather than just identifying the individual stage. If I can represent multiple colors, I can see when something is supposed to be in a new stage.