Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Conditional/Dynamic Linking

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allen_Moldovan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Guys,

I was playing around with the “Find Records” automation and found the following Conditions option. It enables you to set a condition as static or dynamic. It would be amazing if this was rolled out to the rest of the platform. I would love to see this on linked record, count, and roll up fields.

@airtable: Will this functionality ever extend to the meat and bones of the platform?

I think the reason these types of feature requests don’t get many upvotes is because everyone calls them something different. Some are requesting
-conditional drop downs(this would accomplish that).
-data validation.
-Some are calling it link filtering.

Every person who requests this functionality, is more or less looking for the same thing, yet describes it completely differently. Hopefully we can standardize what this functionality would be called. Doing so may help Airtable realize that this is something allot of users want.

11 Comments
bcp
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Conditional Lookups (like Coda seems to do and Excel absolutely does - with dynamic arrays, vlookup, or index/match) is in my top two features that would be most valuable to enterprise customers. 
100% agree this should be considered a MUST HAVE.