Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Define Recipients for Automation Failure emails

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_Murphy1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I appreciate being alerted when an automation fails. It's a must-have feature for potentially critical automations. Right now, according to the official documentation, the last user who turned it on receives the alert. This setup isn't sufficient for bigger organizations.

It would be more effective if we could specify multiple recipients, whether for all automations in a base, specific sections, or individual ones. Being the sole recipient is concerning. Are there any temporary workarounds available? I suppose I could write a rule in my email client to forward them to other colleagues but I'm old fashioned and use a local email client which isn't always running.

1 Comment
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I totally agree with your assessment 100%. Airtable really needs to address this major shortcoming in their product.

The only professional workaround for this is to use Make for all of your automations, which offers MANY different ways to handle errors. You can set your own conditional router paths, you can use their built-in error handlers, you can use filters, and more.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

p.s. I am the resident Airtable & Make expert. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld