Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Display and edit data in columns for each month/day/year for project plans, timesheets, etc

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Isaac
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

As a business user, I would like to display and edit records with periodic values using a columnar layout so that I can view and update repeating data in a compact form. The columns should be based on a filter (such as a date range), so that one view can be used to dynamically change the range displayed. This capability would allow AirTable to replace separate software we use for time sheets (hours per day for each person), project planning (effort per month for each task), budgeting (amount per month for each account), and more. Displacing any one of these products would make Airtable pay for itself.

Implementation note: This is like a pivot table, but where data in each column can be edited and the range of the columns displayed is dynamic based on a filter.

2 Comments
Leonardo_Cesar_
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

could you make an example ??
I think what you want is possible already via linked tables

David_Isaac
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

For a table like this:
Name | Date | Hours
Sam | 01/01/21 | 4
Sam | 01/02/21 | 8

Create an editable view like this:
. . . . . . | Date / Hours
Name . | 01/01/21 | 01/02/21
Sam . . | . . . 4 . . | . . . 8

Using “Display HOURS as COLUMN by DATE”.
Or, equivalently allow a pivot table to be edited, which is simple to implement IF you add a restriction for no aggregation (so every cell maps back to a single row in the source.