Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Display End Date as of Start Date

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jenny_foley
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

My Airtable has two columns: Start Date and End Date. When I use the calendar to select a date, the default for both Start Date and End Date is today. What I would like instead: After I select a Start Date and I click on End Date to select a date, display the start date rather than today.
Reason: I pick a start date in the future (maybe months, years in the future). The calendar view is helpful to ensure I select the right day. When I pick an end date, that end date must be after the start date. With the current process, I must first tab through the calendar to the start date and then continue to tab through the calendar to the end date.

1 Comment
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Jenny_foley! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: While I can see the benefit of what you suggest, I donโ€™t think itโ€™s going to be added. How is Airtable supposed to know that any two date fields are related in a start-end relationship? Following certain naming conventions would be one possible way, but then youโ€™ve got to account for variations and misspellings and whatnot. It might also be possible to somehow tie the fields together relationally in the field settings, but building that into the field behavior would be no small task IMO.

To save some time, one option would be to copy the date from {Start Date} into {End Date}, then modify the latter, which would save you at least a small amount of calendar shuffling.