Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Dynamic filter based on collaborator field ("Me" view)

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Adam_Dowsett
5 - Automation Enthusiast

The collaborator field is great. Is there any plan to allow dynamic filtering based on this column? E.g. when collaborator contains [me]?

Use case: Iโ€™ve got a team issues register using SharePoint. The default view shows the user only those records where their name (based on authenticated user account) is contained in a collaborator column.

Iโ€™d like to transition to Airtable, but would need to give users a โ€œMy Itemsโ€ view where they can see only records which contain them as a collaborator, without the user being required to apply a filter themselves.

51 Comments
Rasmus_Porsager
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any news on this? Weโ€™d love to see this feature as well!

Andy_Crellin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Has there been any movement on this at all? Iโ€™d really like to know if its even being considered as a future capability (or if a workaround has been discovered)?
Thanks
Andy

Sam_Brown

Also see this as being a pretty core feature.

Jean-Philippe_E
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

How would you handle whishlist ?

For instance,

• I have a table with products
  • I have a table with whished items

So Iโ€™d like to filter on {colaborator} whished items and if possible donโ€™t let see others whishes
(Iโ€™m looking for a small hack to avoid a custom whishlist app with AirTable as a backend)

Vernon_Fowler
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

One way to handle a wish list:

If a dynamic filter based on logged in user (collaborator) is implemented, you could couple this with a locked view grid. That way users could see a wish list table filtered to only show records with them as (one of?) the wisher(s) - aka the logged in user.
2019-09-27_11h39_54
Consider whether the collaborator field should allow multiples or be restricted to a single collaborator.

Jean-Philippe_E
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Thanks,
My idea was to be able to let collaborators to add new whish (not only a view)
The AirTable mobile app is really clean and could be reuse for that kind of use instead of building a new app

Daniel_Le_Dosqu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am also creating multiple views with different filters based on a collaborator field. Itโ€™s very frustrating, as it seems like filtering by current viewer is such an obvious use of this field type!

James_L
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be amazing as it avoids the need to create a view for every team member, who is using exactly the same view, with the only difference being that the filter is adjusted to them as collaborator, so only their items visible.

We end up with:
Tracker (John)
Tracker (Tony)
Tracker (Joan)

When it should be just one tracker with a dynamic collaborator filter.

We are continually upgrading our workflow so having to change every single view for every member every time is a bit of a blocker for us.

Mayhul_Arora
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

We would also really like to see this. Having the same view for different people is a very common use-case

Vernon_Fowler
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Welcome to the community @Mayhul_Arora :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for your +1 vote for this product suggestion.

Views filtered to the logged in user seem even more relevant now that the Web Clipper block has been updated with the option to choose a default value of the Clip action user for collaborator fields.
7d1485e4947bfa3bdfc6e976cf16ac402887cc94.png