Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Dynamic filter based on collaborator field ("Me" view)

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Adam_Dowsett
5 - Automation Enthusiast

The collaborator field is great. Is there any plan to allow dynamic filtering based on this column? E.g. when collaborator contains [me]?

Use case: Iโ€™ve got a team issues register using SharePoint. The default view shows the user only those records where their name (based on authenticated user account) is contained in a collaborator column.

Iโ€™d like to transition to Airtable, but would need to give users a โ€œMy Itemsโ€ view where they can see only records which contain them as a collaborator, without the user being required to apply a filter themselves.

51 Comments
Melissa_Miller

+1 This is critical for a user-friendly task management system.

Kieran_O_Leary
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature. The lack of this feature or a documented work-around is both limiting and frustrating. It would be a great feature addition.

Cari_Conklin

+1 for this feature as well. Really surprised this is not supported by default.

Rob_Cook
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 HUGELY NEEDED. Scaling a base across a view thatโ€™s curated to the logged in user seems like an obvious value add; simplifying views, setup, personalization, letโ€™s items be assigned to people for workflow, work queue, approvals, and more.

Mark_Walker
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™m evaluating Airtable as a possible option for a client. This is one of the first requirements and Airtable falls at the first hurdle.

What worries me here is that
a. This pretty standard request was logged over 4 years ago
b. There is no evidence (that I can see here) of Airtable even acknowledging the feature request. I would have at least expected a response and a note to say โ€œexpetcted in 2025โ€ or something.

By looking at the responses here, it seems there is no clever workaround aside from going off-platform and using a 3rd party product to consume the data via an API.

Iโ€™d really like someone to tell me Iโ€™m wrong here and point to the answer/solution.

gdewey
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

was planning on adding some views and it came to my BIG attention this was not possible. having relative options such as date options and logged in colaborator is crucial for any multi user ecosystem

Vernon_Fowler
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I noticed the ability to filter to me (dynamic) was added to monday.com in September 2020.

Hopefully this is on the roadmap for Airtable too.

Jordan_Scott1
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

Hi all! I hope youโ€™re doing well. I wanted to chime in on this thread to share an update Airtable made to Interfaces recently that, although different than the solutions outlined, could potentially help with this.

If you are filtering on a collaborator field in Interfaces, you can use the dynamic โ€œCurrent Userโ€ value:

15_current_user_filter.png

When applied to elements, the โ€œCurrent Userโ€ value dynamically filters the information for the current collaborator viewing the interface.

You can preview your interface as different collaborators and see your filter update only to show the information linked to the user currently viewing the interface:

current_user_filter.gif

I hope this helps and I will share more updates if anything changes!

Shahar_Or

Thank you for letting us know, @Jordan_Scott1 . Congrats for the Interfaces release. Great work. I hope that this specific feature can be brought to plain old views, as well.

Jay_Lopez

We need this feature in the regular airtable view as well