Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Easy Way to Move Attachments from Field to Field

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Colleen_Kimmett
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

There really ought to be a simple way to move an attachment from one field to another. Like the Move To button on Google Docs.

4 Comments
Y_K
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

You can cut and paste from one cell to another. But it will apply to all attachments in that one single cell, not individual attachment.

Just curious what are you trying to accomplish here? Perhaps it would be easier to use a status-flag instead of moving attachments themselves, which is a resource-consuming operation.

Krisjanis_Dzal1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I used to putt all attachments in one filed but now need to have each type of attachment in different field. Seems I can only do so by downloading each attachment and then reupload to the necessary field. That seems overly cumbersome.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

You could copy all and then delete the unnecessary ones.

itoldusoandso
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

This is an zombie topic but I thought to mention another way of doing this now available.

If you go to click on image preview and right light, you can copy the URL of the image, then you can go to the other field where you want to move that image, there you click on upload URL, past that URL and that image will be instantly copied over. Itโ€™s still manual process but a bit easier if all you need is to do it for one or two images.

Wishlist:

Still, ideally, there should be a way to copy in bulk multiple selected images (or their URLs) and past them in bulk into the other cell. If there was a Checkmark by each of that image in the attachment field, I could check mark the images I want to handle and I would have an option to either download those in bulk (which is also a missing feature in Airtable) or copy those image URLs and then I could use those URLs to upload in bulk to another Airtable field โ€ฆ or even copy them in some other application.