Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Edit Underlying Records in Dashboard Page Interfaces

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anncrutt
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It has been a helpful tool for my team in data entry and clean-up to create interface pages where the underlying records can be easily edited to add discovered missing entries or update a field for a given record. Especially for my team members that are less data savy and have a harder time with raw spreadsheets! I have been able to design pages from some of the page layout templates (such as "blank" or "record viewer") that have been great for our team to use! However, it seems this functionality is not available in the "dashboard" interface page. Maybe I'm missing how this can be accomplished but if not, having the option to edit the underlying data/records would be a great addition to make the dashboard interface more powerful!

1 Comment
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm if it helps, editing underlying records is technically possible by allowing users to click into a graph's underlying records, then allowing them to click into record details and creating a record layout there for them to edit fields.  Not the greatest, but doable

Adding records doesn't seem to be possible though; best I could come up with is to make an automation that can be triggered via editing one of the existing records heh