Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Email completed form to applicant

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madeline_Benson
5 - Automation Enthusiast

When creating a form you are given the options to have a “Submit another response” button, show a new blank form after 5 seconds, or receive an email that the form has been completed. It would be extremely helpful to have an option for a completed copy of the form to be emailed to the person who has filled out the form. Like the option that googleforms and survey monkey provide, the person filing out the form can submit the form and then have a copy of their answers emailed to them for their records. This would be helpful in our organizations as people are filing out applications and answering essay questions. It is helpful for them to have evidence/copies of what they submitted.

25 Comments
Katrina_Pick
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I just tried this painfully for over an hour, and was able to automate an email triggered by a new record, but cannot get that email to display a copy of the person’s entry. I am very surprised to find this so difficult!

Margot_Quaegebe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am a new Airtable user. I really enjoy the program and all the functions. However, I just discovered (after creating and testing many forms) that the ‘Sent copy of completed form to sender’ option doesn’t exist. The first person flagged this more than 3 years ago. Airtable developers, it would be great if you could create such option? Many thanks!

Julie_Baker
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi - Another request on this very standard tool. We want to scale up but without this functionality we will need to explore other options in the long-term. If a client fills out a form we want them to have a record. When is this a priority? When someone has moved to another platform? okayyyy.

Jonathan_Woods
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Seconded. As enterprise users we would like to see this feature added. G-Suite has this as a standard out-of-the box feature. Should exist here, too.

Adrian_Cabrera
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding to this. This is a no brainer…

Leif_Arnesen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Why does this not exist yet? :face_with_monocle:

Aswanth_Selva_P

Hey, now you can use Airtable automations feature to achieve this!

Regards,
Aswanth Pragatheeswaran

Benjamin_Willia
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

How? Is there an video on Youtube that allows this?

Aswanth_Selva_P

You can try this video —> https://youtu.be/xAWw6wBRWz0

Regards,
Aswanth Pragatheeswaran

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

When you use Automations for this, you can combine it with this extension to send the data in a form-like style. Also, it has an optional feature that allows the recipient to update their answer.