Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Extend Ratings to support half ratings & rollups

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exterrestris
5 - Automation Enthusiast

The (relatively) new Rating field type is a great addition to Airtable, but there are a couple of additions that would make it better.

Firstly, support for half ratings. Rating out of five can be quite restrictive when limited to whole numbers, yet expanding the range to rating out of ten tends to result in bias towards the top (numerous studies have found that when a rating can be given out of ten, then the rating given for something though average tends towards seven rather than the five). Half ratings don’t tend to suffer from this - the average stays at three. Also, to me at least, rating out of five looks and ‘feels’ better than rating out of ten - I find a rating out of ten looks and feels excessive visually.

Secondly, support for formatting the result of a rollup or formula on a rating field as a rating. Currently, any rollups result in numeric fields, which breaks the look of the table.

Finally, more intelligent handling of empty fields when rolling up a rating. For example, an average rating rollup for records with empty ratings should result in an empty average rating, not NaN as currently (I understand why NaN is displayed as it’s a divide by zero problem, but that isn’t particularly helpful)

3 Comments
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

All these would be great additions! I have a table with a rollup field for the average rating an event received but it looks odd with just a “4” (4 out of what?) and even worse with a bunch of "NaN"s

Cassie_Crudo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m still having this issue - is there a date of release for this feature? The ratings are not helpful without a rollup feature.

Wilco_W

+1