Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Feature request - Photos taken within form to also save to device

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Garth_Spackman
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have around 150 field techs that upload completion reports to my Airtable base. the process needs to be clean and simple as a lot of the techs are subcontractors and just getting them to use my Airtable form can be a challenge.

One issue I have is that photos captured within the form are not also stored on the device, unless they take the photo first, then open the form, and select the image from their phone gallery. This process is a little cumbersome.

90% of the time there is no problem but occasionally the form must be failing on submission so the entries do not show up, and when I ask the techs to resubmit they don’t have a copy of the images on their phones. So I need to pay for them to return to site and get photos again.

I’ve tried to get them to take photos first, then open the form… But it’s just not as user friendly to do this.

Is it possible for photos captured within the form while using a smart phone, to also save to the users device?

2 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I don’t think that is possible with any website. Maybe it’s a security thing. If you can find a website that functions in that way, then you could use that website for your forms and then send the data to Airtable afterwards.

Craig_Toohey
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I know this is an old thread but, what I did was set up an automation using Make.com to grab the photo and automatically save it to Google Drive.  It sounds like this may not solve your issue if the photo truly is not getting through in the first place, but it allows me to backup all the photos being uploaded to my Airtable base without having to manually download these photos.