Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Filter Records View dynamically

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
matt_stewart1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect
What is the proposed idea/solution?

When populating automation filters there is the option for choosing a static value or a dynamic value. This would be great to add ability to switch between static/dynamic values in regular View filters...

How does is solve the user problems?

I currently have a large number of fields used to compare data in 2 fields and flag when something doesn't match for example. It would cut down greatly on the number of fields I have if I was able to use the dynamic setting and adjust my View filters to say if Field 1 does not equal Field 2, then show in this view. 

How was this validated?

Who is the target audience?

Smaller teams needing to manually QA various datapoints without the need for additional field counts...

3 Comments
Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

"It would cut down greatly on the number of fields I have if I was able to use the dynamic setting and adjust my View filters to say if Field 1 does not equal Field 2, then show in this view. "

I'm probably not understanding your post well enough, but how is creating a view with a filter based on a formula field that checks your 2 fields not a solution for this use case? 

matt_stewart1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

that is a solution. And if there is only a few fields to do this for, maybe that's ok. However I have 30+ fields created to do a variety of these formulas to compare 2 fields when it could cut down on number of formula fields needed. there is other use cases where dynamic filtering based on field values would be preferred route over constantly making extra helper fields.

Kaley_White
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would like this functionality for filtering a view by linked field value. In table A, I have a linked field B_Link to table B. Both tables A and B have a linked field C_Link to table C. I want to limit the B_Link options to those where B.C_Link = A.C_Link. One solution is a dynamic C view that updates the filter based on the A.C_Link value. In the below screenshot, the MRL Prostate Radboud record is in table A, the Tasks field is B_Link, and the Project field is C_Link:

image.png